November 5, 2011

The Best Fudge Ever

My ultimate favorite fudge isn't fancy. It doesn't require fancy equipment. it isn't made with rare ingredients. Its the simple never-fail fudge recipe on the back of the fluff jar. Every year I make this at Christmastime for small gifts. I have to give it away, because if I make a batch of this and it sits in my apartment for more than a day or two, I will eat it. I will eat it all. smooth creamy and very difficult to stop eating - I give you my fave fudge recipe: Never Fail Fudge.

Ingredients:

2 & 1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of butter
1 five ounce can of evaporated milk
1 jar of Marshmallow Fluff (7 & 1/2 oz jar)
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 twelve ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine first 5 ingredients. Stir over low heat until blended.
Bring to a boil over moderate heat, being careful not to mistake air bubbles for boiling.
Boil slowly, stirring constantly for five minutes. (soft ball stage)
Remove from heat.
Stir in chocolate and vanilla until chocolate is melted.
Pour into a well-buttered 9 x 9 pan and let cool.
Cut and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment